Using the best WordPress SEO plugins will surely speed up and increase the ranking of your website. Ranking your website can be a bit tedious, you could even get caught fighting the competition, as finding the keywords, the size of your image files, whether your content is readable or not, broken links and much more would make your head explodes, for that reason you need a good WordPress SEO plugin. However, an SEO plugin will not magically make your website appear in the first position, but it will help you manage all the pillars of an SEO strategy in a much simpler way.
That said, we bring you a list of the best WordPress SEO plugins that I am sure will be essential for you and your website.
Yoast SEO is the most used and popular of WordPress for its multiple functionalities and features, in addition, it has more than 5 million active installations. With Yoast SEO you will have everything you need to leave your website in perfect condition for search engines.
Features of Yoast SEO
- You’ll be able to edit the title and description that appear in search engine results.
- It gives you a preview of how the link preview of the search result of your page or article would look like in Google.
- Optimize keywords.
- It works in different content editors within WordPress.
- You have the option to specify which categories or tags you want to position.
- Helps detect duplicate content, keep clean WordPress Yoast sitemap and URL permalinks.
- It will warn of the errors found in the text.
- Check the readability of the text you are creating and provide a rewarding user experience.
- Yoast SEO indicates the number of words that each section or subtitle of your post should contain.
- Detect if you have duplicate content on your page or post.
With this version you will have the same benefits as the free version, but with some interesting extras:
- It allows you to write a title to display specifically on Twitter and Facebook, when someone shares the page on social sites.
- You can select the pages that you don’t want Google to index.
- It gives you suggestions for links to other pages on your website, all while you’re writing it.
- It gives you access to incorporate keywords, synonyms and related phrases in all forms and without limitation.
- Ad free.
- Analyzes up to five words or phrases, at the time of making a new page or article, in order to verify if there are matches of previous keywords.
- You will be able to redirect old pages to current links.
- Allows you to import data from other installed plugins.
- Provide free support.
SEOpress is an excellent alternative to improve SEO within your WordPress page efficiently, it is simple, quite light, fast and powerful, SEOpress has great features in both paid and free versions.
Features of SEOpress
- It allows you to manage all your titles and meta descriptions.
- Create XML and HTML sitemaps.
- Optimize tags (Open Graph and Twitter Cards) to share your content on social networks.
- Access to Google Analytics to track your visitors.
- Provides content analysis.
- Metadata management for a card on Twitter.
- It has no ads.
- WooCommerce SEO.
- Broken Link Checker.
- The license is for unlimited sites.
- 1 year of updates and support by mail.
- Google tips.
- Access to statistics within Google Analytics.
- Page speed analysis for Google.
- 404 error log.
- Video sitemap.
- Quick and easy Twitter and Facebook meta tags open graphical data.
Rank Math is a free plugin, it is growing in popularity, it includes everything you need to take full control of your SEO on your website. In addition, it is easy to manage, lighter and has all the features of Yoast SEO, but with a more intuitive and flexible design, which makes it a very powerful tool.
Features of Rank Math
- Very clean user interface and options are easy to understand.
- Image optimization. You can automatically add title or alt tags to missing images.
- Monitor 404.
- Link Counter.
- SEO analysis.
- XML Sitemap. It allows search engines to better understand the structure of your website, which facilitates indexing and favors better positioning.
- Redirection module.
- Rich Snippets support is included with an option to choose from 6 different types of snippets such as Article, Product, Recipes, Events, Video, Local Business, etc. They show the content in the search results in a more visual and practical way.
- Allows you to optimize posts for 5 keywords.
- Allows keyword optimization.
- Allows you to configure the titles and metadata of the web page.
- Local SEO. It allows you to choose if you are a person or a company and what your name is.
- Support for Open Graph and Twitter Card is included.
- It allows you to link your website with the different profiles on social networks: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Integration with Search Console.
- Integration with WooCommerce. To optimize the product pages of your online store.
- It allows you to import the settings of other SEO plugins, such as Yoast, as well as export all the settings to import them from another installation.
- You can backup your configuration.
Now that you have known the best SEO plugins for WordPress, we suggest that you first decide what you want to achieve on your website.
We have no doubt that these plugins can become a reference for you after choosing the best options and starting to explore them.